Photographers are notoriously difficult to buy for. Not only is our hobby often expensive, but the gear is highly subjective and takes a lot of research before committing to a purchase. Fortunately you have a photographer here to guide you, and there are plenty of more budget friendly Christmas gifts that any photographer in your life would absolutely love!
If you’re a photographer yourself reading this, these are perfect little purchases to gift yourself with this December!
Budget Gifts for Photographers
Foldable Photo Studio
- SMALL SIZE -- 9*9*9.5 inches, perfect for shooting small products such as toys, jewelry, watch and etc.
- EASY QUICK SETUP -- Built-in magnet and folding design for easy and quick setup at any where and time.
I received this as a birthday present a few years ago and it’s a fantastic little gadget to have handing around. The LED lighting strip does a good job of illuminating the entire box and it’s useful for everything from product photography to minimalist macro photography. At this price it’s an absolute must-have!
Novelty Lens Travel Mug
- 【CREATIVE DESIGN】 The lens mug is a 1:1 replica of Canon Lens EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Lens. Perfect unique gift for the every one in your life, especially a Photographer & videographer.
- 【PREMIUM-QUALITY MATERIALS】 Food grade ABS plastic materials outside is 100% BPA free and extra-fine stainless steel interior with 13.5oz / 400ml Capacity when filled up.
Another gift I have personally received, and one that I use on every single photography outing I go on! Almost every photographer working outdoors packs a nice Thermos of something warm to take along with them. A sunrise up a mountain just doesn’t feel complete without a warm cup of coffee, and this replica lens mug keeps you in the spirit of shooting.
It’s small enough that you’ll barely notice it in your camera bag and it has the added bonus of making for great entertainment when confused passers by see you drinking out of a camera lens.
Camera Themed Cufflinks
- Camera Cufflinks with a Presentation Gift Box
- Arrives in hard-sided presentation box ready for gift giving, then can be used for storage or display box. Your french cuffs or tuxedo will never look better than with MRCUFF on your sleeve.
For the photographer in your life who likes to look the part as well. Cufflinks are a great way of stamping your personality onto a suit during formal events, and they’ve even been known to stir up conversation during those unavoidable awkward silences.
A great, affordable, personal, and unique gift for the photography lover.
LED Camera Keyring
- When you press the button, the camera will flash and shutter sounds.
- Unique gift for Photography fans.
Another budget friendly novelty gift that will have any photographer praising your thoughtfulness.
When you click the shutter button the mini camera becomes a little torch, and just to add to the effect it will even make the sound of a DSLR shutter mechanism too.
Mid-Range Gifts for Photographers
Joby Gorillapod SLR-Zoom
- Flexible: Grip it. Wrap it. Stand it. Wrappable legs allow you to secure professional camera equipment to virtually any surface
- Strong: Holds devices weighing up to 3 kg (6.6 lbs)
I wouldn’t be without my Gorillapod now. It’s a great little invention that allows you to carry a tripod around no matter how restricted you are, and not only that but it attaches to almost anything. I’ve used this to support my camera off railings at the beach, tree branches, the car door, and many more things. It comes away with me everywhere because it’s so light, portable, and above all useful.
It’s a great addition under the Christmas tree and something that will keep your loved ones entertained as they attach it to everything they can lay their hands on.
This particular model can support up to 3kg of equipment on it’s surprisingly good ball-head, but there are more heavy duty options out there as well.
OP/TECH Camera Sling Strap
- Comfortably carry heavy equipment for extended periods of time with the internal control-stretch system and lycra(r) binding
- Includes two quick disconnects Plus two Uni-Loop connectors
This has got to go down as one of the best purchases I’ve ever made. Every consumer camera these days comes with the branded neck strap that not only displays your expensive brand of camera to everybody in sight, but is also inconvenient and uncomfortable. It may not seem like a big deal, and I didn’t think so until I was forced into a new camera strap when my original one snapped. I opted for this sling strap and I would never go back.
This makes it much easier to carry, and rather than it bouncing off your chest when you’re walking it plods along happily by your waist. With one quick movement I can have the camera up to my eye, and I can detach the strap when I’m tripod mounting to stop the wind blowing the strap around. There is literally no downside to using one of these!
5-in-1 Pocket Reflector
- 43" 110CM 5 in 1 Collapsible Multi Disc Light Reflector
- Translucent, silver, gold, white, and black
This will keep your photographer loving loved one hours of fun on Christmas day, although be warned that it might result in you standing by a window and posing for photos for a while. The Neewer 5-in-1 reflector allows you to manipulate light, whether natural or artificial, to do a variety of things. This includes evenly lighting a portrait, diffusing harsh light in macro work, or using one of the silver or gold ones to add an element of warmth into the photo.
- A great photography-inspired watch. Measure time by aperture. It's almost F11, do you know where your children are?
- Features a 33mm diameter face, genuine leather band, and Japanese quartz movement.
A beautifully creative style of watch for your loved one this Christmas. The middle of the watch face is designed in an aperture styling and rather than the traditional numbers we have some of the more common aperture settings instead. What time is it? Time to take some photos of course!
Vintage Camera Bookends
- Material Cold Cast Bronze
- Dimension 5.12 inches x 4.53 inches x 7.28 inches
Are you sick and tired of all those photography books falling over on the shelf? I know I wasn’t, but I still went ahead and bought these absolutely gorgeous vintage camera bookends to add a bit of photography style to my bookshelf. Perfect for the bookworm-come-photographer in your life.
High End Gifts for Photographers
Peak Design Everyday Messenger Bag
- Everyday Messenger Bag Padding: camera divider inserts for a mirrorless/SLR camera kit.
- Padded Laptop Sleeve fits a 13" MacBook Pro laptop; 13" screen size.
Camera bags are an important part of a photographer’s life, and versatility is one of the main factors in a bag. This is as versatile as they come. Mine has come up mountains with me on camping trips, but hasn’t been out of place on a city break and when shooting a wedding either. It’s big enough to fit a camera body and a variety of lenses and comes with a strap for attaching your tripod.
Fujifilm X-A5 Mirrorless Camera
- Newly developed 24.2 megapixel APS-C sensor which outperforms previous models in its scene recognition accuracy in SR+ AUTO mode, color reproduction performance and skin tone reproduction capability.
- Newly Developed XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS Power Zoom Lens
Featured in our Best Mirrorless Cameras for Beginners article, the Fuji X-A5 is a fantastic camera to carry around with you everywhere. It has a very impressive 24.2 megapixel APS-C sensor and that beautiful retro styling that makes Fujifilm cameras so desirable.
It comes with a 15-45mm Powerzoom lens, which is something of a love-it-or-hate-it type of lens. However, the image quality it renders rivals any entry level DSLR and it’s small enough to fit into a jacket pocket.
DJI Mavic Pro 2
- See the Bigger Picture: Equipped with a Hasselblad L1D-20c camera with a 20MP 1" CMOS Sensor, the Mavic 2 lets you capture gorgeous aerial shots in stunning color detail.
- Up to 31 minutes flight time, 44 mph max speed, 907g takeoff weight, 3-axis gimbal for steady shots, 8GB internal storage, SD card support up to 128 GB
Are you feeling extra generous? If you are then there is nothing I can recommend more highly than the incredible DJI Mavic Pro 2.
Drones are always in demand, but this is top drawer stuff. It’s so small that you can take it out on long hikes in the landscape to get to that perfect viewpoint, but it certainly doesn’t scrimp on features or quality.
The DJI Mavic Pro 2 carries a 20 megapixel Hasselblad camera and boasts up to 31 minutes of flight time. It can reach speeds of up to 44mph, shoot 4k videos, and comes with all the expected features such as obstacle sensing and follow modes.
The price tag is steep though, but you could always check out some of our budget drone recommendations.
DJI Wireless Goggles
- Immersive FPV, a pair of 1920×1080 HD screens and a head tracking feature, enabling you to look at the world from above.
- Ultra-High Quality screens. Intelligent Flight Mode Support. Immersive experience. Ergonomic Design. Up to 6 Hours operation Time.
If you’re going to get a DJI Mavic Pro 2, you may as well go the full hog and fully immerse yourself in flight.
The DJI Wireless Goggles offer an immersive first-person view of the world from the eyes of your drone. If you’ve ever wanted to soar up like an eagle and see the world from above then this is the ticket for you.
It has double 1080p screens and a very respectable frame rate to keep the view rolling smoothly by. Take it from me – Words cannot explain how strange and wonderful it feels to use these!
Alex is the owner and lead writer for Click and Learn Photography. An avid landscape, equine, and pet photographer living and working in the beautiful Lake District, UK, Alex has had his work featured in a number of high profile publications, including the Take a View Landscape Photographer of the Year, Outdoor Photographer of the Year, and Amateur Photographer Magazine.