Amazon have finally confirmed when the 2020 instalment of Amazon Prime Day will be after the usual July festival of deals was postponed due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
After generating a reported $3.4 billion in 2018’s Amazon Prime Day, the 2019 edition went on to become the largest shopping event in Amazon history as the company sold over 100,000 laptops and 200,000 TVs, among other things.
Amazingly, Prime Day sales often surpass that of both Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
While the global situation may stop this breaking yet more records, it will without a doubt be another extravaganza of top deals and low prices as businesses slash prices to take advantage of the huge surge in shopper demand.
So, to get you fully prepared for this year’s event, we’ve put together a guide that tells you everything you need to know. And remember to check back as well, because this page will be updated with all the best Amazon Prime Day photography deals!
What is Amazon Prime Day?
First launched in July 2015 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Amazon’s inception, Amazon Prime Day is a day-long festival of sales across a wide range of products, although many are focused on electronics and technology.
The 2015 iteration was such a success that Amazon brought it back the next year, and the year after that. Each year has been bigger and better than the last and it’s become a major talking point in the shopping calendar.
To get access to the Amazon Prime Day sales users must be signed up to Amazon Prime, an annual subscription plan that gives you access to free Prime delivery, Prime TV, Prime Music and more.
Not an Amazon Prime member? Not a problem, you can click the banner below to get a free 30-day free trial of Prime and get access to all the Amazon Prime Day deals without spending a penny. Then, you can always cancel once the trial is over!
When is Amazon Prime Day 2020?
Amazon Prime Day normally takes place in July to coincide with Amazon’s anniversary, but the COVID-19 pandemic saw the event pushed back amid the global chaos.
Finally, the company have confirmed that Amazon Prime Day 2020 will take place on Tuesday, October 13th and run into Wednesday, October 14th.
Not only that, but early Amazon Prime Day deals will be available from as early as September 28th!
How does Amazon Prime Day work?
As we’ve already mentioned, you need to be a member of Amazon Prime to get access to the Prime Day deals. Once you are it’s all very simple.
Generally speaking, Amazon Prime Day deals are split into two categories:
- Longer deals that last for the entire day (or longer)
- Lightning Deals, which activate throughout the day and only run for a limited length of time and / or stock.
All you need to do is keep an eye out for the sales and then stay alert!
Tips for finding the best Amazon Prime Day deals
Consumerism is powerful, and Amazon Prime Days frenetic Lightning Deals and limited stock feed into the dreaded FOMO of the sale shopper.
It’s very important not to get sucked into the whole frenzy, otherwise you could emerge the other side a whole lot poorer and with a whole lot more useless clutter set to arrive on your doorstep.
To try and help with this, we’ve compiled a few tips for avoiding the consumerist trap and getting the best Amazon Prime Day deals:
- Start with a list – What do you actually want to buy? Be specific, record the price before Amazon Prime Day and try to stick to your guns. It’s like heading to the store with a shopping list compared to heading there after not eating all day…
- Set a budget – If you have a strict budget you’re much less likely to go off-piste and blow it all on something you don’t really need.
- Join the waiting list – Some of the more popular Lightning Deals can sell out incredibly quickly, but that’s not always the end. If something you want to buy has sold out you can join the waiting list and you’ll be alerted if it goes back on sale.
- Compare prices – Despite the name, Amazon Prime Day isn’t all about Amazon. Some major retailers try to stake a claim to their market share by matching Amazon’s prices, so make sure to check around before hitting that buy button.
- Check upcoming deals in the morning – The quickfire Lightning Deals often leave shoppers with no time to think. If you check the upcoming Lightning Deals first thing in the morning you can take your time researching and then you’ll know if you want to make the purchase by the time the sale starts.
- Check back here – We’ll be updating this page with all our favourite Amazon Prime Day photography deals, so don’t be a stranger!
Amazon Prime Day photography deals 2020
While Black Friday and Cyber Monday generally offer a broad range of departments and offers, Amazon Prime Day tends to hone in on the technology and electronics areas.
This is especially true for their own devices, with products such as the Kindle, Amazon Echo, Fire TV Stick and Ring Doorbell receiving the biggest discounts. In fact, if you want one of Amazon’s devices you’re unlikely to find a better price than on Prime Day.
Other heavily discounted areas include laptops, TVs and headphones, but photography equipment isn’t neglected. However, if you’re looking to upgrade your post-processing workstation or add an external hard drive to your kit, now is the time!
Remember to keep checking back for more deals, and you can find recommendations for all manner of photography gear at the bottom of this page too.
Amazon Prime Day camera and lens deals
Up to 32% off Canon cameras and lenses
Let’s kick off with a cracker. An absolute ton of Canon gear is currently on sale, from beginner cameras to lenses. You can find the full list of Canon deals here, but we’ve compiled some of our favorites below.
27% off Canon EOS M6 Mk II w/ 15-45mm lens
- High image quality with 32.5 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor,
- High-speed continuous shooting of up to 14 fps with AF/AE tracking
21% off Canon EOS RP + 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS USM
- Compact, lightweight 10x zoom RF lens
- High image quality and bright f/4 6; 3 lens aperture
22% off Canon EOS 80D + 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 lens
- Merging power, precision and operability, the EOS 80D is a dynamic SLR camera for anyone's creative vision
- Providing a comprehensive view, the EOS 80D camera’s Intelligent Viewfinder helps bring the thrill of SLR photography with each use
32% off Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM
- 17-55mm wide-angle zoom lens with f/2.8 maximum aperture for Canon DSLR cameras
- AD and aspherical elements deliver impressive image quality through entire zoom range, Closest focusing distance : 1.15 feet
34% off Canon 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
- 10-22mm wide-angle zoom lens with f/3.5-4.5 maximum aperture for EOS digital SLR cameras
- Superior AF performance and speed, with full-time manual focus with the turn of a ring
14% off Canon travel lens kit (50mm f/1.8 and 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6)
- EF 50mm f/1.8 STM is a compact, lightweight fixed focal length lens ideal for everyday photos, and with a large f/1.8 aperture, a perfect lens for low-light photography and creative background blur
- EF-S10-18mm F4.5-5.6 IS STM is an EF-S ultra-wide zoom lens with an impressive starting focal length (16mm in 35mm equivalence). For expansive scenery from tall buildings to inspiring mountain ranges, the wide angle of view from the EF-S 10–18mm f/4.5–5.6 IS STM helps you achieve vivid colors and details during your travels
7% off Nikon Z7 body
- New larger Z mount for revolutionary optical performance
- Nikon-designed 45.7MP backside Illuminated image sensor with no optical low pass filter (OLPF)
Nikon Z50 w/ Nikkor Z 16-50mm lens
30% off Sony Alpha a6000 w/ 16-50mm and 55-210mm lenses
- Amazing quality in half the size & weight of conventional DSLRs, World's fastest auto focus6 at 0.06 seconds and 179 AF points, Shoot 11 frames per second so you never miss any of the action.
- Capture life in high resolution and in low light with 24MP APS-C sensor and 2 lenses provide the tools you'll need to start shooting immediately, Instant sharing via smartphone with Wi-Fi and NFC.
28% off Sony a7R II body
- World’s first Full-frame 5-axis in-body image stabilization optimized for 42.4MP full-frame, 4K movie recording with full pixel readout and no pixel binning
- 2.4-million dot XGA OLED Tru-Finder w/ZEISS T- coating, connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi and NFC w/camera apps, Fast focal plane phase-detection AF realized with A-mount lenses
17% off Sony RX100 VI 20.1 MP compact camera
- 24-200mm F2.8-F4.5 ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T lens
- World's fastest (0.03 sec) hybrid AF system (contrast + phase)
Up to 20% off Sony lenses
- Large F1. 8 maximum aperture enables beautiful defocusing effects
- 7-blade circular aperture creates beautiful defocused bokeh
- G-lens design with 4 aspherical and 3 ED glass (extra-low Dispersion) elements, for high corner-to-corner resolving power throughout the entire zoom range
- Constant F4 maximum aperture maintains exposure and depth of field throughout the Zoom range
- Angle of view (35mm): 84°-34° ; E-mount Lenses
- Minimum aperture (F): F22
No products found.
Up to 33% off Olympus OM-D cameras
- 20. 4 MP live MOS sensor with dual Tropic VIII image Processors
- 5 Axis sync is provides 7.5 EV Stops of compensation, the world's most effective stabilization performance
- 20MP live MOS sensor
- Portable, weather sealed body with 14-150mm Weather sealed lens
- 60 frames per second S AF, 18 frames per second C AF (silent electronic shutter)
- 121 Point Dual Fast AF with Cross Type On Chip Phase Detection focusing
- 3.75x zoom lens
- Macro focus range: 90 centimeter, focal length: 40 to 150 millimeter
30% off Panasonic Lumix GH4 camera body
- Professional photo performance with exceptional moiré suppression
- Operating temperature:0 degree to 40 degree (32 degree F to 104 degree F); 4K 24p cinematic video (4096x2160), plus 4K 3840x2160 30p/24p
Up to 20% off DJI drones and cameras
- Weighing less than 0 55lbs / 250 grams Mavic Mini is almost as light as the average smartphone In the United States and Canada you can fly this camera drone without the need to register your drone with the government
- The compact yet powerful Mavic Mini camera drone is the perfect creative companion capturing your moments in a way that effortlessly elevates the ordinary
- Dual Screens: Osmo Action’s dual screens allow you to capture it all with the touch of a button. A vivid front screen lets you frame yourself effortlessly in any setting, while the back screen delivers a crystal-clear, hyper-responsive display. This durable, versatile action camera is jam-packed with advanced technology that lets you spend less time worrying about equipment and more time living the action.
- The RockSteady technology combines EIS with complex algorithms, delivering stable, shake-free footage no matter how heavy the action gets.
£94.98 off GoPro HERO8 bundle
- HyperSmooth 2.0: Enjoy three levels of stabilization – On, High and Boost. Get the widest views or boost to the smoothest video. Works with all resolutions and frame rates, and features in-app horizon leveling
- Streamlined Design: Folding fingers at the base let you swap mounts quickly, new side door makes changing batteries even faster, and the lens is now 2x more impact-resistant compared to previous models
14% off Fujifilm Instax Mini 11 cameras
- Slim body size with transparent ring lens
- Automatic Exposure - The Mini 11 automatically selects the optimal shutter speed in any environment. Mini 11 captures bright backgrounds and bright subjects, even in dark scenes.
Amazon Prime Day photography accessory deals
44% off JOBY Gorillapod 5k kit
No products found.
20% off Manfrotto PIXI EVO mini tripod
- VERSATILE: You can use it with your entry-level DSLRS and devices up to 2.5Kg
- STRONG: Thanks to the sturdy aluminium & adapto structure, you will have a reliable piece of equipment to count on throughout your photography career
9% off Manfrotto Travel BeFree tripod
- Video tripod Kit built for travel performance
- New m-lock twist lock system for fast, secure operation
Up to 17% off Sirui tripods
- 【Material】: Adopting aircraft aluminum alloy and hard anodized forging process, AM-005K is lightweight and sturdy with a load capacity up to 5kg/11.0lb.
- 【Flexible Height】: With 5-section extendable leg and semi-automatic leg angle locking button, the height of the tripod can be adjusted easily and flexibly from 80mm/3.15” to 1320mm/51.97”.
- Model: NT-1005X | Color: Black | Material: Aluminum | Weight: 2. 6lbs (Tripod) + 0. 66lbs (Ball Head) | Max Load: 17. 6lbs
- Functional characteristics: easy adjustment: 5-section column legs with twist leg locks enable you to adjust the working height from 14" To 55. 1" Instantly; The center column can be reversed for low angle shooting; the tripod is convertible to a monopod; friction knob is located on the ball lock for convenient adjustment
Geekoto Aluminium tripod w/ Panorama ballhead (starts 8am)
- 【 Quick Setup】4-section column legs and 2-section central tube with quick release flip-locks allow you to adjust the working height from 15” to 55”within seconds. The storage length is 14.5 inches, a true winner with the compact design.
- 【Lightweight And Maximum Load】The weight of the tripod is only 2.8 lbs which is easy to stick into your backpack for travel and work, lightweight, Free your hands!Tripod legs can be adjusted in three levels of opening angle to stabilize on varying grounds and incline levels.
SanDisk 256GB Ultra SDXC Card
- Great choice for compact to mid-range point-and-shoot cameras
- Quick transfer speeds up to 120MB/s(1) to backup those moments | (1)(For 32GB-256GB): Up to 120MB/s read speed, engineered with proprietary technology to reach speeds beyond UHS-I 104MB/s, require compatible devices capable of reaching such speed. Write speed lower. Based on internal testing; performance may be lower depending on host device, interface, usage conditions and other factors. 1MB=1,000,000 bytes.
Neewer 8.5×10 feet photo studio backdrop and supports (starts 1pm)
KIT CONTENTS:(2)Backdrop Support Stand, (4)Cross Bar, (3)1.8 X 2.8 meters Fabric Backdrop(White, Black, Green ), (3)Backdrop Clips, (1) Carrying bag
BACKDROP SUPPORT SYSTEM: The background stand is adjustable up to 8.5 feet tall by 10 feet wide. Made from aluminum alloy with a professional black stain finish
Neewer 2x 660 LED video light stand kit (starts 1:20pm)
- Kit Includes: (2)led video light (Blue), (2)white diffuser, (2)power adapter, (2)power cable, (carrying case for light panel; (2)light stand; note: battery not included
- 660 LED video light: made of excellent quality aluminum alloy showing simple blue elegant appearance; LED light Equipped with 330 white and 330 yellow LED long lasting bulbs can illuminate a variable white balance From tungsten-daylight from 3200 to 5600K Color temperature
Kattee camera backpack (starts 2:59pm)
- Material: Canvas in main body & PU leather in the bottom
- Multifunctional & Comfortable: It can not only put camera but also a 14" laptop(Small Size), 15.7" laptop(Large Size). At the bottom, there are 4 adjustable belts used to hold the tripod. And a waterproof rain cover hides in the back interlayer for emergency severe weather; its shoulder straps are air cushion straps which can alleviate the stress of shoulders, and its back is ventilated
Neewer camera backpack (starts 5:25pm)
- Durable water resistant nylon exterior(black); ample interior storage(gray)
- Protects your photo gears and other accessories from scratches
K&F Concept TM2534T tripod (starts 7:14pm)
- 【Transverse Center Column】Central column moves from 0 to 180 degrees, can be rotated 360°horizontally, to realize panorama shooting.
- 【Strong Stability】25mm large diameter aluminum alloy tube,the load capacity can reach 22.04lbs (10kg), provide security and stability support for your dslr camera.
Amazon Prime Day computing deals
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB (43% off!)
- Innovative V-Nand Technology: Powered by Samsung V-Nand Technology, the 860 Evo SSD offers optimized performance for everyday computing as well as rendering large-sized 4K videos and 3D data used by the latest applications
- Continuity tester/Wire tracer
25% off WD 2TB My Passport SSD external hard drive
- Built-in SD card reader with one-touch copy button
- Durable, shock-resistant SSD inside
17% off Microsoft Surface Pro 7
- Next-gen, best-in-class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet, so you can type, touch, draw, write, work, and play more naturally
- Faster than Surface Pro 6, with a 10th Gen Intel Core Processor – redefining what’s possible in a thin and light computer.
22% off Apple Macbook Pro 2019 (starts 8am)
- 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2560-by-1600 resolution at 227 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors
- Intel Core i5-8279U Quad-Core 2.4GHz processor with up to 4.1GHz Turbo Boost; Integrated Intel Iris Plus 655 Graphics
Camera and lens recommendations
Photography accessories recommendations
Alex is the owner and lead writer for Click and Learn Photography. An avid landscape, equine, and pet photographer living and working in the beautiful Lake District, UK, Alex has had his work featured in a number of high profile publications, including the Take a View Landscape Photographer of the Year, Outdoor Photographer of the Year, and Amateur Photographer Magazine.