Amazon Prime Day is almost upon us, and the 2019 instalment promises to be their biggest, longest, and cheapest event yet!
Last year’s event was a huge success, with Amazon raking in a reported $3.4 billion in revenue and with sales surpassing that of Black Friday and Cyber Monday. In fact, it was so big that it even crashed Amazon’s huge network of servers.
First, let’s get the facts:
Amazon Prime Day 2019 – The Details
- When does Amazon Prime Day start? It kicks off at midnight PDT on Monday July 15th, but there are plenty of early bird deals before then.
- When does it end? 48 hours later at midnight PDT on Wednesday July 15th.
- Do I need an Amazon Prime membership? To take advantage of the Prime Day deals, yes. Fortunately, discounted Amazon Prime memberships are available, so sign up below!
- What does Prime Day include? Obviously, there are a host of great deals on selected items on Amazon. Some of the best deals revolve around their own devices, such as Fire, Kindle, Echo, and Ring devices. However, plenty of other retailers get in on the act, including the notoriously stingy Apple!
Amazon Prime Membership Deals
As we mentioned above, you’ll need an Amazon Prime membership to take advantage of the amazing deals on offer on Prime Day.
It’s definitely worth signing up for the free trial just to take advantage of Prime Day.
Amazon Prime Day 2019 Photography Deals
This article will be updated regularly in the lead up to and throughout Amazon Prime Day, so keep checking back for more deals!
Many of the big discounts revolve around Amazon’s own devices, but fear not! Plenty of other retailers get in on the action on Prime Day, and this year even Apple have climbed on board.
The expectation is that there will be huge savings across a range of electronic devices, which includes photography kit. However, don’t limit yourself to just photography related purchases – Make a shortlist of life purchases you were considering and keep an eye out for deals.
You can also keep up to date on all the camera & photo deals right here.
Camera and Lens Deals
There are bound to be a huge number of deals across the board, so make sure you know what you’re in the market for. Take a look at some of our recommendations below for some ideas:
30% off Canon EOS Rebel SL2 w/ 18-55mm lens
Looking for a great beginner DSLR setup? The Canon EOS Rebel SL2 is currently 30% off on Prime Day, offering a 24.2MP sensor, WiFi capabilities and Full HD video recording.
- 24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS C) Sensor
- Fast & Accurate Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Phase detection
20% off Fujifilm X-H1 Camera Body
The fantastic Fujifilm X-H1 offers pretty much everything a photographer could want in a high end mirrorless camera. 5.5 stops of image stabilization, an array of video options (4k, high-speed), a high quality EVF, a 24.3MP X-Trans image sensor along with Fuji’s prestigious range of Film Simulation filters.
- 5.5-Stops In-Body Image Stabilization. Compatible with all XF and XC lenses.
- New High-Resolution EVF - Magnification ratio of 0.75x and 3.69M dot resolution. The VF display is extraordinarily smooth, with a display time lag of just 0.005 sec and a frame rate of 100 fps.
Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70K
- 20. 3 Megapixel MOS sensor plus 30x Leica DC VARIO-ELMAR lens (24-720mm), Plus 5-axis Hybrid O. I. S. (Optical image Stabilizer)
- 0. 2-Inch 1, 166k-dot EVF (electronic view finder) with eye-sensor for easier viewing under sunny outdoor conditions
Photography Accessories Deals
Accessories for photography come in all shapes, sizes, functions, and budgets. Whether it’s a tripod, camera bag, or just a small purchase to make your life as a photographer that little bit easier, we’ve got you covered.
S-Zone Waterproof Canvas Messenger Bag
It might not be a big-brand name, but this S-Zone bag offers plenty of features at a great price. Waterproof canvas, a vintage design, and enough space for a DSLR, 2 lenses, and a small digital camera.
- Material: High Density Waterproof Canvas with PU Leather Trim, strong stitching, durable zipper, quick snap buckle
- Size: 7(L)*4(W)*9(H)inch, Designed for 1 DSLR, 1 lenses and mini digital camera, like Sony, Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Self adhering padded dividers for interior customization
Studio Lighting Kit
Professional grade studio lighting can run into thousands of dollars, so if you want to give studio photography a try testing a more budget friendly lighting kit is a better idea. This kit comes with 4 bulbs, 3 light stands, 4 umbrella reflectors, and a carry bag.
- Contents: [4 pcs] 45W CFL Bulb / [3 pcs] 80-inch Light Stand （adjustable from 27 to 80）/ [3 pcs] Bulb Socket / [4 pcs] 33-inch Umbrella Reflector (2white and 2black)/ [1 pc] Photo Equipment Carry Bag.
- Photography Umbrella: The translucent white umbrella can be used either as a shoot through or bounce light to reduce shadows and produce an even, soft,low contrast light over a relatively large area.The black/silver umbrella have two function-Inner Lining: Minimize light loss & maximize light spread for contrast and increase highlights, reflects more light than a translucent umbrella or soft-box.Outer Lining: Black for keeping unwanted lights from being reflected into your photo.
HP Sprocket Portable Camera and Printer
Okay, it’s not exactly going to produce gallery quality prints, but the HP Sprocket is a fun little piece of kit. It’s a typical, Polaroid inspired instant camera that prints off 2×3 inch photos right in front of you.
- SPECIAL VALUE BUNDLE - Includes one 8GB micro SD card with adapter and 20 sheets of 2x3-inch HP Zink photo paper for all your snapshots or smudge-proof sticker prints
- INSTANT CAMERA, INSTANT FUN - Print and share 2x3-inch snapshots or stickers whenever inspiration hits with this photo printer and instant camera in one
Speaking of Polaroid, you can also get a number of their portable cameras and printers on sale this Prime Day.
Weatherproof / Shockproof Case
I’m sure I’m not the only one who gets hellishly nervous when handing my precious camera gear over to somebody else. This feeling propagates when travelling, so why not lock it all away in a shockproof case to ease your worries?
- Waterproof up to 1 meter depth for 30 minutes, Seal design provides IP67 level protection.
- Designed and developed to the comply with the highest safety protection standards with shockproof design offering fully customizable foam interior.
For those astrophotographers out there, this is needed to connect your camera to a telescope for some deep sky astrophotography. Make sure to buy the model that comes with the correct T-Ring for your camera.
- Allows attachment of 35mm SLR camera to the prime focus of your telescope
- Great for terrestrial, short exposure lunar and planetary photography
Huge Savings on SanDisk Storage
Having enough reliable storage is important to a photographer, especially with the high resolution cameras demanding ever larger file sizes. SanDisk are one of the leaders in portable storage devices, and Prime Day has brought us some huge savings on SD cards and external HDDs.
Fotodiox Lens Mount Adapters
Ever want to use a certain lens on a different camera, only to be restricted by their differing lens mounts? Fotodiox has the answer with their wide array of lens mount adapters.
- Premium Grade Fotodiox "Pro" Adapter
- Smooth surface for effortless mount
Here are some of the best deals that aren’t directly aimed at photographers. However, all of these items can definitely be used to aid your photography.
For example, these budget drones might not be up there with the likes of Mavic, but they’re great for learning the ropes of drone piloting.
Monitors and Displays
Far too much of our life is spent staring at the tiny screen of our smartphones. If we’re honest, viewing your images at this size isn’t exactly doing them justice, so why not make it up to them with a high end display?
Having a top quality monitor will change the way you process your photos, especially if you use something like the Datacolor SpyderX tools to calibrate it properly. Speaking of DataColor, look below.