The last decade or so has seen the shopping phenomenon that is Black Friday absolutely explode into public knowledge, and while some may view it as consumerism at it’s worst there is no doubt that there’s a deal or two to be found out there.
Not content with the great deals that Black Friday brings, just days later Cyber Monday arrives with a host of technology related deals to scoop up.
It’s no different for photographers either, and when some of our gear runs into the thousands any deal is welcome! Here, we’ll update our list with some of the very best Black Friday deals for photographers to help you get that early Christmas present.
When is Black Friday 2020 and Cyber Monday 2020?
Black Friday this year falls on Friday November 27th, and is followed a few days later by Cyber Monday on November 30th.
However, many retailers are expected to launch their deals early again this year. In fact, Amazon have already started reducing swathes of products!
Of course, if you’re shopping for a loved one then make sure to check out our Photographers Wishlist – 29 Perfect Gifts for Photographers article here.
50% off at Click and Learn Photography
We’re not holding out on the Black Friday deals either. From now until Cyber Monday, you’ll be able to get 50% off both our Ultimate Guide to Landscape Photography ebook and our Forest Photography Lightroom Presets.
That means for under $5 you can get your hands on our 25,000+ word ebook or our special Lightroom presets for forest photography. Or, you can buy both for just shy of $10!
Just use the coupon code BLACKFRIDAY50 at checkout to receive 50% off.
Pergear Black Friday 2020 Deals
Pergear are a growing online store that stock a wide range of third-party lenses and accessories as well as producing their own range of manual focus prime lenses (we’re currently reviewing the 50mm f/1.8 so keep an eye out for that!).
Their Black Friday deals have also started, including up to 25% off gimbals (if you’re vlogging for example) and discounts on their own lenses as well as those from 7artisans and Viltrox.
Adorama Black Friday 2020 Deals
Adorama have already started a festival of deals on all manner of equipment, including cameras, lenses, lighting and studio equipment and other computer and photo accessories. You can find all their current deals below:
Amazon Black Friday 2020 Deals
Amazon are known to go all out with their Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. Last year they brought us 10 days of Black Friday deals, and a similar scale event is expected again in 2020.
The Black Friday photography deals have been running for some time now, but they keep getting better now we’re closing in on the big day.
We’ll be updating this page on a regular basis to bring you the very best Black Friday photography deals from Amazon and other retailers, so make sure to keep checking back.
Amazon Prime Free Trial
If you’re not already an Amazon Prime member, make sure to sign up for the free trial below. That means you can take advantage of all the great Black Friday deals, and then simply cancel if you’re not enjoying the benefits of Amazon Prime.
Black Friday Cameras, Lenses and Bundle Deals
Canon Black Friday deals
Nikon Black Friday deals
Fujifilm Black Friday deals (33% off Fujifilm X-T3!)
Panasonic Black Friday deals (35% off Panasonic GH5!)
15% off Zeiss lenses
Up to 40% off Rokinon / Samyang lenses!
16% off GoPro Hero8 bundle!
- Streamlined design: The reimagined shape is more pocketable, and folding fingers at the base let you swap mounts quickly. A new side door makes changing batteries even faster, and the lens is now 2x more impact resistant.
- HyperSmooth 2. 0: Smooth just got smoother. Now Hero8 Black has three levels of stabilization—On, High and Boost—so you can pick the best option for whatever you do. Get the widest views possible, or boost it up to the smoothest video ever offered in a Hero camera. Plus, HyperSmooth 2. 0 works with all resolutions and frame rates, and features in-app horizon leveling.
38% off DJI Osmo Pocket (as featured in our best vlogging cameras)
- 【LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE】: as the smallest 3-axis stabilized handheld camera DJI has ever designed, the compact and intelligent OSMO pocket turns any moment into a cinematic memory
- 【AMAZINGLY POWERFUL PERFORMANCE】: OSMO pocket snaps photos in stunning detail, thanks to a 1/2. 3-Inch sensor, 80° FOV, and F/2. 0 aperture. It can also shoot 4K/60Fps video at 100Mbps and photos at 12 MP with a Pixel size of 1. 55 μm for footage worth sharing every time
Black Friday photography accessory deals
Up to 11% off DJI drones!
Save up to 29% on top Neewer accessories
6% off SIRUI mini tripod
- Basic detail: model: am-223; color: Black; material: carbon fiber; weight: 1. 17lbs (tripod) + 0. 45lbs (ball head); max Load: 33.1 lbs
- Functional characteristics: easy adjustment: 3-section column legs with twist leg locks enables you to adjust the working height from 2. 3" To 13. 8" Instantly; loosen and remove the rubber feet, and replace them with the stainless steel spikes
15% off Smartphone gimbal stabilizer
- ✈【Newly Developed 3D "Inception" Mode】 Proudly present the updated Hohem gimbal stabilizer. This stabilizer features a newly developed "inception" mode that would able to vertically rotate your phone 360° spontaneously when filming, giving you the master-like video-making experience. It is the all-in-one tool for storytellers like you.
- ✈【Updated Sports Mode & Perfect Balance】 Updated sports mode allows you to shoot incredibly smooth shots even while going to extremes like running up & downstairs, cycling outdoors, or traveling over rugged terrain. High-performance motor realizes axis overlap & low angle shoot like a breeze. 3 axis variable speed adaptation is extremely sensitive to hand movements. With this design, Hohem gimble stabilizer transforms hard-to-watch, shaky footage into hypnotically smooth, professional footage.
Black Friday Software and Course Deals
20% off Adobe Creative Cloud
What can we expect for Black Friday photography deals?
While Amazon Prime Day did bring us some photography deals, that event is largely focused around other tech and especially Amazon’s own devices.
Black Friday opens the door to the whole lot though. Last year we saw great deals on Canon, Sony and Panasonic cameras and lenses especially and tons of smaller deals on accessories such as memory cards and external hard drives.
Not only that, but there were deals on a bunch of photography related software and programs, including a great deal on Adobe Creative Cloud.
US Based Black Friday Deals
Pretty much every retailer out there offers some sort of Black Friday photography deal, and we’ll be updating this article with all the best ones we find as they come in.
What is Black Friday and Cyber Monday?
In case you’ve been living under a rock for the last few years, Black Friday and Cyber Monday are annual shopping holidays where pretty much every retail outlet in the Western world offers huge discounts, as well as tries to get rid of leftover stock ahead of the fast approaching holiday season.
It takes place on the Friday after Thanksgiving, which happens to be the fourth Friday of November. Cyber Monday follows a few days later and focuses more on online shopping, although Black Friday is very much an online event these days as well.
The focus towards online shopping is expected to progress further this year as well due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Tips for making the most of Black Friday and Cyber Monday
Here at Click and Learn Photography, we don’t condone consumerism for consumerism’s sake. It’s important not to get sucked into the frenzy of seemingly too-good-to-be-true deals, lest you wake up with an empty wallet and a mailbox full of stuff you don’t actually need.
To try and combat this, we’ve compiled a few tips for avoiding the common traps and getting the most out of all those Black Friday and Cyber Monday photography deals.
- Make a list – What do you actually need or want? Think about that before getting sucked into the deals and make a list. Record the pre-Black Friday prices to make sure you’re not being conned and try to exercise some self control.
- Set a budget – If you just dive headlong into the Black Friday deals with an open mind and an open wallet you’ll end up getting stung. Set yourself a strict budget and you’re much less likely to go off-piste and blow all your hard-earned cash.
- Compare prices – Sticking to retail giants such as Amazon might be more convenient, but make sure to shop around and check for any other retailers offering a better deal on your wishlist.
Alex is the owner and lead writer for Click and Learn Photography. An avid landscape, equine, and pet photographer living and working in the beautiful Lake District, UK, Alex has had his work featured in a number of high profile publications, including the Take a View Landscape Photographer of the Year, Outdoor Photographer of the Year, and Amateur Photographer Magazine.